PGXN Client changes log
- Fixed traceback on error when a dir doesn't contain META.json (ticket #19).
- Handle version numbers both with and without hyphen (ticket #22).
- Packages can be downloaded, installed, loaded specifying an URL
- Added support for .tar files (ticket #17).
- Use gmake in favour of make for platforms where the two are
distinct, such as BSD (ticket #14).
- Added --make option to select the make executable (ticket #16).
- Dropped support for Python 2.4.
- sudo is not invoked automatically: the --sudo option must be
specified if the user has not permission to write into PostgreSQL's libdir
(ticket #13). The --sudo option can also be invoked without argument.
- Make sure the same pg_config is used both by the current user and by
- Can deal with extensions whose Makefile is created by configure
and with makefile not in the package root. Patch provided by Hitoshi
Harada (ticket #12).
- Correctly handle PostgreSQL identifiers to be quoted (ticket #10).
- Don't crash with a traceback if some external command is not found
- Fixed simplejson dependency on Python 2.6 (ticket #8).
- Added pgxn help CMD as synonim for pgxn CMD --help (ticket #7).
- Fixed a few compatibility problems with Python 3.
- Extensions to load/unload from a distribution can be specified on the
- pgxn help --libexec returns a single directory, possibly independent
from the client version.
- pgxn script converted into a generic dispatcher in order to allow
additional commands to be implemented in external scripts and in any
- commands accept extension names too, not only specs.
- Added help command to get information about program and commands.
- Lowercase search for distributions in the API (issue #3).
- Fixed handling of zip files not containing entries for the directory.
- More informative error messages when some item is not found on PGXN.
- Dropped list command (use info --versions instead).
- Skip extension load/unload if the provided file is not sql.
- The spec can point to a local file/directory for install.
- Read the sha1 from the META.json as it may be different from the one
in the dist.json.
- Run sudo in the installation phase of the install command.
- Fixed executable mode for scripts unpacked from the zip files.
- Added list and info commands.
- Added database connection parameters for the check command.
- Fist version released on PyPI.